If you love the flavor combination of chocolate and peppermint together, then these are the cookies for you!
- 1-1/2 C Gluten free all purpose baking flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill cup for cup with xanthan gum)
- 3/4 C Cocoa
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, room temp.
- 1-1/4 C sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 to 1 tsp peppermint extract (McKormick’s is GF)(more or less depending on how minty you like them. 1 full tsp is very minty)
- 1/2 C powdered sugar for rolling
- Hershey’s Kisses (I used the red and white mint kisses, also GF)
- Line cookie sheets with parchment. Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and extracts, beating until combined and scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Gradually, add the flour mixture until combined. The mix will be very sticky.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll generous teaspoons (I use a cookie scoop) of dough and roll into balls and then roll them in the powdered sugar and place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from pan onto parchment covered counter and immediately top with Hershey’s Kiss, pressing it into the center of the cookie.
- Let cool completely (Kisses will soften/melt while the cookies cool).
Using a cookie scoop, this make 27 cookies
I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
Merry Christmas and much love,