Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2-1/2 C Chicken Broth
- 1-1/2 C milk (I used heavy cream for a richer taste)
- 3/4 C Gluten Free all purpose flour (I used King Arthur)
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 C finely chopped/shredded precooked chicken
- Combine chicken broth and 1/2 C milk in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the flour and seasonings together. Pour in remaining milk. Whisk until smooth and no lumps remain. (mixture will be very thick).
- Pour the seasoned mixture into the sauce pan with broth mixture. Whisk and stir constantly as mixture simmers. Continue to let simmer until mixture is smooth and thick (about 10 min).
- Use immediately in a recipe as needed or cover and store in refrigerator for up to one week or freeze for up to one month.
*This recipe makes the equivalent of two (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup.
**For cream of mushroom: Replace precooked chicken with 1/2 C finely chopped mushrooms of choice (I used baby bellas).
***For cream of celery or broccoli: Replace precooked chicken with 1/2 C finely chopped celery or broccoli.